Friday, February 5, 2010

2/3/10

Another day passed rife of thoughts over doings. The boss allowed us a generous break from hard labor today, assigning us an ornery task in building fruit parasite containers instead. If he is indeed on the frontier of science, then I hope for a footnote in the annals of discovery, perhaps as a fleeting technician, or an appearance in the movie of this place, credited as second white guy.

Farm labor is one of the most liberating practices. The city of vines lets me be its destroyer, and the fruit that falls joins me briefly for the energetic conquest. I look in the mirror once in the evening. Sometimes I feel I left my reflection in Providence, because I only live on one side of the glass, the side reality is on. I ate seven pieces of fruit today, a variety of oranges, tangelos, bananas and papayas, ready to fall to me from the vine.

1 comment:

  1. I ate zero pieces of fruit today. I wish I could eat papayas fresh off the vine but bananas from the ratty will have to do for now.
    xox
    Amanda

    p.s check your messages

    ReplyDelete