Friday, February 5, 2010

2/1/10

Four weeks ago, during my last days in North Carolina, I mailed myself a package of a bundle of materials I knew would be essential to my life in Hawaii. The first week that it did not arrive I was anxious and vigilant in monitoring the mail. The second week I was worried. The third week I had pushed my worries into the corner of my head for resignations. This week I had forgotten about it entirely, until it arrived today, and I remembered that some of the best things in life are not things.

Finding constellations is surprisingly difficult, because the sky is studded with so many stars. It is not the few gems shining in the darkness that I am used to from home. The night sky is like a wide beach, with countless crystals winking down at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment