Friday, February 12, 2010

1/11/10: Split Time

I haven't been intent on writing my feelings recently. In my mind I mulled over the merits of keeping consistent record of thoughts, and the uselessness of recording the same things each day as well. So I decided to write about it. I'm constantly pulled between the vital present and the commanding force of now, and the faint, scrupulous call of the future- the duty of retrospect.

So I am lingering between two habitats of being- one of the lush and lively now, and one of the future tourist in me, eager to see the slideshows of Hawaii. There is so much space to infiltrate in the narrow crevices of life's surface- so much to explore between the grains of sand, and most of us only walk on top. I would be cheating no one if I exited this moment, but would simply be destroying my own desires.

1 comment: