Saturday, July 24, 2010

7/16

Slowly I have slid into a strange canyon in time, a little current of doldrums in this rapid experience. For the last weeks we have been stricken with the Oregon fever, quickly cutting away these fatty Northern miles in California. Since July fourth we have traveled 400 miles, and there are only a paltry 120 separating us from the Golden State exodus. Consistently we hike from dawn to dusk, moving like a tenacious solar operated train. Scenery has blurred together between 30 mile days. I have a slippery footing on where I have been at what time, seeming to slide through a wormhole in the woods. My communication skills and vocabulary are deteriorating. Day hikers greet me enthusiastically and all I can do is look right through them. Hopefully I can take some time to relax in Etna, the next town.

No comments:

Post a Comment