Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8/18

I overheard a conversation on a bus in Hawaii once. There was a man spouting ideas like a whale spouts water- pontificating about space, history, pyramids, presidents, conspiracies and all sorts of shadowy stories. He was loud and confident. Finally the man he was assaulting with words spoke back. You know what, man, the quieter one said. The people who tell me that they know everything clearly know nothing. It's the ones that tell me they know nothing, those are the ones I know that have something figured out.

We shall not cease from exploration
and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started from
and know the place for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. What a journey you've had... many thanks for sharing the wisdom you have stumbled upon throughout, and making it an adventure for me, too.

    Eliot had it right; even as you near the end of your path, you still have ahead of you the challenge of reconciling what you have experienced with the small world you started from. I'll want to hear how that journey is going, too - please keep in touch...

    Godspeed,

    Tyler

    ReplyDelete