Thursday, March 11, 2010

3/1/10

The arrival of the third month has ushered the arrival of new questions. The first one is Zen. Occasionally a word will knock at my mind from more than one entry, spoken from the lips of more than one person, and that is my message from fate to begin thinking. I'm reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance right now, which is a scope of form and function, artists and engineers. Yesterday my mystic friend Jimbo told me that Zen was a study originated by a monk who traveled to see the Buddha lecture, but instead, saw him in a transfixed state, holding a flower in silence, for many hours. Today in the Tangelo trees Christopher asked me if I studied zen. I told him that I call my beliefs by no name, I just think a lot.

Taft and Christopher brought home roadside skeletons this evening. We fashioned a candle holder out of a boar's jaw, which radiates a quaint pagan touch. Now with our living space glowing with the white bones and teeth of ancient critters, and glinting with the skins of large lizards and insects, I'm sure guests will wonder what sort of heathens haunt this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment